[MITgcm-support] query ?

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue May 11 06:42:49 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 04:50, Amitabh Mitra wrote:
>   I a trying to configure the MIT gcm model in the workstation
>   which has operating system : HP-UX and hardware name : 9000/785.
>   The files downloaded by me are --
>    MITgcm-r1b1.tar.gz , MITgcm-r1p5.tar.gz , MITgcm-r1p8.tar.gz ,
>    c48.tar.gz and checkpoints c13.tar.gz to c39.tar.gz by the
>    conventional download method and all have been untarred in a
>    folder "MIT".
>
>    Now to configure and compile the code I change the present
>    working directory to MIT/MITgcm-r1b1/bin
>    Now I give the command
>    $ ../tools/genmake
>    A Makefile is created in the bin directory
>   then I give command
>    $ make depend
>    This creates many files in the bin directory  and an error
>    message is displayed which says
>    sh: makedepend: not found.
>    Error exit code 127
>    Stop.

Hi Amitabh,

The makedepend problem that you're experiencing is fixed in more recent
versions of the code.  Please get either the latest from CVS or
"checkpoint53" using the directions at:

  http://mitgcm.org/source_code.html

If you don't have CVS installed then we can also create a tar file
containing the code for checkpoint53 and put it in our download area.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307