[MITgcm-support] query ?

Amitabh Mitra amitabhmitra1 at rediffmail.com
Tue May 11 04:53:31 EDT 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
  I a trying to configure the MIT gcm model in the workstation
  which has operating system : HP-UX and hardware name : 9000/785.
  The files downloaded by me are --
   MITgcm-r1b1.tar.gz , MITgcm-r1p5.tar.gz , MITgcm-r1p8.tar.gz ,
   c48.tar.gz and checkpoints c13.tar.gz to c39.tar.gz by the
   conventional download method and all have been untarred in a
   folder "MIT".

   Now to configure and compile the code I change the present
   working directory to MIT/MITgcm-r1b1/bin
   Now I give the command
   $ ../tools/genmake
   A Makefile is created in the bin directory
  then I give command
   $ make depend
   This creates many files in the bin directory  and an error
   message is displayed which says
   sh: makedepend: not found.
   Error exit code 127
   Stop.