[MITgcm-support] seaice model

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Sun May 9 19:29:21 EDT 2004

Hi Martin,

I only read now the long list of e-mails that were exchanged during
the week I was in Nice.
Now, It might be too late for you, but just in case.

About cubed-sphere ocean:
You mentionned global_ocean.cs32x32x30 but I cannot find this one
(there is global_ocean.cubed32x32x30 but never manage to get it works)

But if you want to increase the vertical resolution
of experiment global_ocean.cs32x15
you just have to use the matlab script "mk_bathy4gcm.m"
in /input that will read the bathymetry file "bathy_cs32.bin"
then you set the minimum depth that you want to keep
and will write a bathymetry file "ready to use" by MITgcm.

I did this because I was planning to increse the vertical resolution,
but did not find time to do it.

See you,

Jean-Michel