[MITgcm-support] vectorization

Chris Hill cnh at mit.edu
Fri May 7 09:56:57 EDT 2004

As far as I know the code vectorizes just as well as any other code. All the
key dynamics loops are written in a vector friendly form. Every CPU out
there these days does what is called streaming. Loops that stream well also
vectorize well.

As far as I understand from Patrick the code actually runs reasonably OK on
the NEC if you set the compiler options right. Detlef had someone test the
code who set the compiler and CPP options all wrong. As is usual in this
area Detlef has never actually has said anything to me or Patrick directly,
nor has he provided any information on the runs nor has anyone ever set me
up an account.

Chris