[MITgcm-support] IBM

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Fri May 7 09:50:14 EDT 2004

Martin,

I am getting the NAMELIST READ 'error' message all the time on SP4,
but it doesn't affect successfull code execution,
so if code explodes, it is for a different reason.

One issue on SP4 is namelist terminators.
These MUST be '&' and not '/'.
But you seem to have gotten beyond this point.
Another issue is that STDOUT... is buffered,
so at least from that one it's hard to figure out
when the code has actually crashed.
But again, I assume you probably dump state every timestep.

Re. CC, not sure whether I understood you correctly.
CC is a genmake2 variable like FC, but for C compiler.
So you can add a line in your sp4 optfile such as
'CC=gcc'
Should work, no?

-p.