[MITgcm-support] /verification/exp2

prosperi at wicc.weizmann.ac.il prosperi at wicc.weizmann.ac.il
Sun May 2 08:38:07 EDT 2004

Hi,
My name is Davide Prosperi a PhD. student at Weizmann Institute od Science
(Israel). I am trying to compile the /verification/exp2.
I am working on OSF1 V5.1 2650 alpha so I choose the osf1_alpha_f77 to
generate the Makefile.
Everything seems to work fine but when I exeute the make dommand I got
this.

mdsio_readfield.F: In subroutine `mdsreadfield':
mdsio_readfield.F:71: warning: unused variable `npe'
mdsio_readfield.F:71: warning: unused variable `jg_io__'
mdsio_readfield.F:71: warning: unused variable `ig_io__'
mdsio_readfield.F:69: warning: `globalfile' might be used uninitialized in
this
function
mdsio_readfield.F: In subroutine `passtors':
mdsio_readfield.F:458: warning:
              call PASStoRS( local,arr,k,nNz,mythid )
                   1
mdsio_readfield.F:484: (continued):
         subroutine passToRS(local,arr,k,nNz,mythid)
                    2
Argument #2 (named `arr') of `passtors' is one precision at (2) but is
some other precision at (1) [info -f g77 M GLOBALS]
mdsio_readfield.F: In subroutine `passtorl':
mdsio_readfield.F:460: warning:
              call PASStoRL( local,arr,k,nNz,mythid )
                   1
mdsio_readfield.F:504: (continued):
         subroutine passToRL(local,arr,k,nNz,mythid)
                    2
Argument #2 (named `arr') of `passtorl' is one precision at (2) but is
some other precision at (1) [info -f g77 M GLOBALS]
g77 -Wimplicit -Wunused -O -Wuninitialized -c mdsio_readfield_loc.F
g77 -Wimplicit -Wunused -O -Wuninitialized -c mdsio_readtile.F
g77 -Wimplicit -Wunused -O -Wuninitialized -c mdsio_readvector.F
g77 -Wimplicit -Wunused -O -Wuninitialized -c mdsio_reclen.F
mdsio_reclen.F: In function `mds_reclen':
mdsio_reclen.F:29:
          MDS_RECLEN=WORDLENGTH*nnn
                     ^
Invalid declaration of or reference to symbol `wordlength' at (^)
[initially seen at (^)]
mdsio_reclen.F:6: warning: `mds_reclen__' might be used uninitialized in
this function
*** Exit 1
Stop.

So it seem that cpp is not activated or not working properly..

When I execute

/usr/bin/cpp - P -DWORDLENGTH=4 -c mdsio_reclen.F -o mdsio_reclen.f
everything is ok, but in the entire process no.

To finish, the result of the execution of the genmake2 is this:

===  Processing options files and arguments  ===
  getting local config information:  none found
Warning:  ROOTDIR was not specified but there appears to be a copy of
MITgcm at"../../.." so we'll try it.
  getting OPTFILE information:
    using OPTFILE="../../../tools/build_options/osf1_alpha_g77"
../../../tools/genmake2: -P: command not found
  getting AD_OPTFILE information:
    using AD_OPTFILE="../../../tools/adjoint_options/adjoint_default"

===  Checking system libraries  ===
  Do we have the system() command using g77...  yes
  Do we have the fdate() command using g77...  yes
  Can we call simple C routines (here, "cloc()") using g77...  no
  Can we create NetCDF-enabled binaries...  cpp: Error: genmake_tnc.for,
line 2:
 Cannot find file "netcdf.inc" specified in #include directive.
(noinclfile)
#include "netcdf.inc"
-^
cpp: Error: genmake_tnc.for, line 2: Cannot find file "netcdf.inc"
specified in#include directive. (noinclfile)
#include "netcdf.inc"
-^
cat: cannot open genmake_tnc.log
no

===  Setting defaults  ===
  Adding MODS directories:   ../code
  Making source files in eesupp from templates
  Making source files in exch2 from  templates

===  Determining package settings  ===
  getting package dependency info from  ../../../pkg/pkg_depend
  checking default package list:
    using PDEFAULT="../code/packages.conf"
    before group expansion packages are:  oceanic -kpp -gmredi cd_code
    replacing "oceanic" with:   gfd gmredi kpp
    replacing "gfd" with:   mom_fluxform mom_vecinv generic_advdiff debug
mdsiorw monitor
    after group expansion packages are:   mom_fluxform mom_vecinv
generic_advdiff debug mdsio rw monitor gmredi kpp -kpp -gmredi cd_code
  applying DISABLE settings
  applying ENABLE settings
    packages are:   cd_code debug generic_advdiff mdsio mom_fluxform
mom_vecinvmonitor rw
  applying package dependency rules
    packages are:   cd_code debug generic_advdiff mdsio mom_fluxform
mom_vecinvmonitor rw
  Adding STANDARDDIRS
  Searching for *OPTIONS.h files in order to warn about the presence
    of "#define "-type statements that are no longer allowed:
    found CPP_OPTIONS="./CPP_OPTIONS.h"
    found CPP_EEOPTIONS="./CPP_EEOPTIONS.h"
  Creating the list of files for the adjoint compiler.

===  Creating the Makefile  ===
  setting INCLUDES
  Determining the list of source and include files
  Writing makefile: Makefile
  Add the source list for AD code generation
  Making list of "exceptions" that need ".p" files
  Making list of NOOPTFILES
  Add rules for links
  Adding makedepend marker

Thanking you all in advance,