[MITgcm-support] Web pages / CVS / Code download

Ed Hill eh3 at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 12 09:26:36 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 08:21, Thomas Kleinen wrote:
> Dear MITgcm team,
>
> let me first congratulate you on writing this superb model - and making it
> available.
>
> I just downloaded some model code - using CVS as suggested - but I was
> somewhat confused as there is quite a number of modules available in CVS.
>
> Unfortunately I was not able to find any documentation on what each of these
> modules is - which would have been quite helpful.
> Perhaps it would be possible to add a web page with short descriptions of what
> is available in CVS.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for sending a note!

The documentation at:

  http://mitgcm.org/sealion/online_documents/node1.html

contains information about how to build and run the model.  It also
describes a handful of working examples that are located within the
verification directory.   Probably the easiest way to build your own
simulation is to start with one within the MITgcm/verification directory
and then modify it to suit your needs.

If you have any further questions, please pass them on to this list.
And good luck with your experiments!

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com
phone:   617-253-0098
fax:     617-253-4464