[MITgcm-support] Web pages / CVS / Code download

Thomas Kleinen kleinen at pik-potsdam.de
Fri Mar 12 08:21:06 EST 2004

Dear MITgcm team,

let me first congratulate you on writing this superb model - and making it
available.

I just downloaded some model code - using CVS as suggested - but I was
somewhat confused as there is quite a number of modules available in CVS.

Unfortunately I was not able to find any documentation on what each of these
modules is - which would have been quite helpful.
Perhaps it would be possible to add a web page with short descriptions of what
is available in CVS.

Thanks very much again.

Best regards,
Thomas Kleinen

PS: Sorry, I nearly forgot... Since you asked about the intended application
of the model: I am currently thinking about running a couple of Ocean
experiments - Thermohaline Circulation under Global warming to be a little
more precise - and since I am not really content with the models we have
in-house, I am currently looking around, what other models are available.

--
Thomas Kleinen
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)

eMail: kleinen at pik-potsdam.de
Phone: +49-331-288-2529
Fax: +49-331-288-2640
Web: www.pik-potsdam.de/~kleinen