[MITgcm-support] [Fwd: Support post from gebbie at eps.harvard.edu requires approval]

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 14 12:20:29 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I've already seen this message and replied to Dan
(forgot to CC to the list).

The answer is, yes, it's fixed, no more need to pre-process,
see the mdsio_slice*.F routines of checkpoint53.

Cheers
-Patrick

Quoting Ed Hill <ed at eh3.com>:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm forwarding the message below to MITgcm-support since it was bounced
> from the original address.
>
> Ed

> > From: Jake Gebbie <gebbie at eps.harvard.edu>
> > To: Daniel Lea <daniel.lea at jhuapl.edu>
> > Cc: support at mitgcm.org
> > Subject: Re: OBCs on MPI
> > Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:33:20 -0400
> >

> > I don't know the answer. I'm forwarding to MITgcm support.
> > I'm assuming that O.B. input files must still be preprocessed and split to
> > be run in a parallel configuration. MITgcm folks: are there any plans to
> > improve this?
> >
> > --Jake
> >
> > On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Daniel Lea wrote:
> >

> > > Hi Jake,
> > >
> > > Has the problem whereby you had to split the open boundary files
> manually
> > > on multiprocessor machines been fixed. I'm still using an older version
> of
> > > the MITgcm and want to know if I can upgrade to fix this.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Dan
> > >

> --
> Edward H. Hill III, PhD
> office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Rm 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
>              Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
> emails:  eh3 at mit.edu                ed at eh3.com
> URLs:    http://web.mit.edu/eh3/    http://eh3.com/
> phone:   617-253-0098
> fax:     617-253-4464

Patrick Heimbach   Massachusetts Institute of Technology
FON: +1/617/253-5259                  EAPS, Room 54-1518
FAX: +1/617/253-4464             77 Massachusetts Avenue
mailto:heimbach at mit.edu               Cambridge MA 02139
http://www.mit.edu/~heimbach/                        USA