[MITgcm-support] C++ problem

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Jul 23 08:25:59 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 02:32, Prabhaht Pandey wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>         I have installed the model on SGI system and it is running
> properly. Now i want to install this model on HP C-3650 workstation on
> HP-Ux 11i platform. There is a problem that the model is taking the cc
> for the compilation of c programs of the model. Sir this is only c
> compiler we have the c++ compiler with a command aCC. how we can
> convert the cc into aCC for the compilation of c programs of the
> model.
>         earler you suggest that it can be done by "export CC=aCC" but
> it is not working still.
>         Please guide
> with warm regards,
> Prabhat Pandey
> KBCAOS

Hi Prabhat,

Please try each of the following:

  export CC=c89
  export CC=gcc

as that will hopefully map to an ANSI C compiler.

Also, it may be that you do not have a C compiler installed on that
system.  If thats the case, then I recommend that you install one!

Its been some years since I worked on HP-UX systems and, unfortunately,
we don't have access to any HP-UX machines for testing.  If you are
intent on getting MITgcm running on that machine and are unable to make
progress, then could you give us an account on it?  We can probably get
it working (or at least compiling) in a few hours.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307