[MITgcm-support] make error in compiling code

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Jan 26 16:37:47 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 16:12, Alistair Adcroft wrote:
> The file pkg/generic_advection/gad_advection.F doesn't/didn't correspond to
> that in the repository. Re-fetching it fixes/d the problem.

Hi Daniel & Alistair,

Many machines have disk quotas and I've run into hard-to-diagnose
problems caused by the quota system.  The net result is that, when you
exceed your disk quota, files will be "magically" truncated and the
FORTRAN compiler will give "end-of-file reached..." errors.  Just ask
Payal how frustrating they can be!  ;-)

So please check the quota ("man quota") if you see file truncation.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com