[MITgcm-support] I love KPP

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Mon Jan 19 04:42:42 EST 2004

Hi Dimitris,

I guess my water column was not so stably stratified after all (at
least not the top 50 m), so  KPP did the right thing. I repeated my
zero order experiment (no surface forcing) with a truly linear
temperature (=density) profile and the mixing is minimal,
hbl=3m=.5*dz(1) and everything seems ok. minKPPhbl=0. did not change
anything (but made everthing much slower, strange ...), still hbl=3m.

So as usual, everything was my mistake (while looking at this one, I
even found some more unrelated problems that I have now sorted out, so
it was worth it). Hope, that you didn't spend too much time thinking
about my homemade (just like grandma used to make them) problems.
Thanks for your help,

Martin