[MITgcm-support] I love KPP

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 16 12:56:01 EST 2004

Hi Martin, the hacks you refer to are to make adjoint solution
smoother.  I am surprised that they impact your problem since you said
(I think) that your water column is stably stratified.  You must be
really, really, weakly stratified?  What are your dz levels?  50m is a
rather deep KPPhbl.  In my experience I found that it was rather
difficult to get a 50-m KPPhbl in stratified waters.  You would need the
wind to really be howling for that.  So maybe there is some other
problem with configuration?

D.

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Insitute of Technology