[MITgcm-support] DST3 advection scheme

samar khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Sun Jan 11 17:10:15 EST 2004

Hi Jean-Michel

Thanks for responding so quickly. (Who else would on a Sunday afternoon!)
This is exactly the answer I was looking for.
Just to confirm, are you suggesting I change:

        thetaP=Rjm/(1.D-20+Rj)
        thetaP=Rjm/Rj

and
        thetaM=Rjp/(1.D-20+Rj)
        thetaM=Rjp/Rj

Yes, that would reproduce the equations in the documentation and make the
scheme linear in the tracer concentration. Just what I wanted.

Thanks, Samar