[MITgcm-support] DST3 advection scheme

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Sun Jan 11 16:14:39 EST 2004

Hi Samar,

> However, looking at the source in gad_dst3_adv_x.F I am no longer certain.

Apart from the 1.d-20 (which I don't like too much because for
some biological tracer, e.g. iron or others, the usual concentration
can be very small also, and the chance to get Rj equal -1.D-20 is not
zero) that I guess you can remove (because thetaM & P are allways *Rj
after),
the scheme looks like it should, linear regarding the tracer, but non
linear regarding the flow field. Is this answering your question ?

See you,

Jean-Michel