[MITgcm-support] checkpointing problem

Fiona McLay m221003 at regen.dkrz.de
Mon Feb 9 11:57:25 EST 2004

Hello,

I am trying to use the adjoint to the MIT model with an eddy resolving
channel. I can get the adjoint model to run but I appear to be having
trouble with the checkpointing scheme. It looks as if the checkpoints are
being contiuously overwritten so that it can only store one checkpoint of
each level at a time, leading to many recomputations.  It goes back to
the 1st timestep every time it needs a level 3 checkpoint, and to the last
level 3 checkpoint everytime it needs a level 2 checkpoint.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?  I have checked that I have
allow_tamc_checkpointing defined, and that I have the right number of
checkpoints for the length of run.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Fiona