[MITgcm-support] How to pickup when using pkg/cal?

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 1 09:59:00 EST 2004

Hi Alistair,

I use pickups with pkg/cal rather frequently,
so it seems to work sometimes.
How about you give more info, e.g. contents
of your data, data.cal, data.exf files.

Suspicion is your data.cal is somehow screwed up.
cal_set tries to combine
startdate_1 (YYYYMMDD), startdate_2 (HHMMSS) specifications
with starttime, endtime (or nTimeSteps) to determine run time interval
(in seconds).

-Patrick