[MITgcm-support] _lab_sea_exp

Amitabh Mitra amitabhmitra1 at rediffmail.com
Tue Aug 31 08:00:08 EDT 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

 Sir,
  The output of the lab_sea exp. remains the same if I
 change the latitude i.e phimin = 46 N to 52 N. But if this variation  is too large the plots disappear completely. So I guess the model
 is not reading the proper input files.

 Shall I have to create my own program gendata.m to create
 my own input files for other regions ?

 Also how can I use this information given below to create
 my own input files for other regions say Antarctica :-

  "the input files for lab_sea experiment are
 all real*4, direct access binary files.
 They are Nx*Ny (bathy.labsea), Nx*Ny*Nr (LevCli_temp.labsea and
 LevCli_salt.labsea), and Nx*Ny*14 (SSS.labsea, fsh.labsea1979, etc.),
 where Nx=20, Ny=16, Nr=23"

  I am a new user in this field and trying to use MITgcm.
  Please help me in creating/formatting the input files for other regions.

  Thanking You ,

  Amitabh Mitra