[MITgcm-support] Open BCs

Uli Riemenschneider uriemenschneider at whoi.edu
Mon Aug 23 14:16:58 EDT 2004

Hi yet again,

I just have a quick question about the Orlanski open BC's. I have had a
long run going that used the OBCS successfully for a long time until it
eventually blew up spectacularly. I am trying to diagnose what went
wrong and would like to print out the data close to the boundary were I
suspect things went wrong. Before I go and fiddle with the code too much
I just wanted to ask where best to add some lines to print out things
like the temp and vel-field at the boundary and the phase speeds etc. Is
this best done in one of the orlanski subroutines?

Thanks,
Uli

Ulrike Riemenschneider,  Postdoctoral Investigator
Physical Oceanography Dept. MS #21
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA

Phone: (+1) 508 289 2916 Fax: (+1) 508 457 2181