[MITgcm-support] question on sponge-layer/mpi

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 18 10:30:21 EDT 2004

Hi Theo,

I can't give a detailed answer right now (short on time),
but hope the following helps you to get further.

Once you're in parallel, the i,j indices are
local indices for each processor tile.
Thus, you are making the error to apply the open boundaries
locally at every processor tile boundary rather than
globally only once at your domain boundary.

Have a look e.g. in
pkg/obcs/obcs_apply_ts.F
where you'll see that open boundary conditions
are applied only where the global array indices (e.g. OB_Jn)
require it.

-Patrick