[MITgcm-support] Restarting the MITgcm

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 10 13:43:27 EDT 2004

Uli,

if you generate this pickup, that should be fine,
even for multi-tiled output
(you probably have writeGlobalFiles=.TRUE. when you
generated that pickup).
The mdsreadfield routine looks / tries to find a file
in following order: (in your case FILENAME='pickup.0000000010')
FILENAME
FILEMAME.data
FILENAME.00?.00?.data

which means you should be OK in principle.
You probably did try to set your niter0=10
to agree with the pickup iteration number, did you?

Next thing, as Dimitris pointed out,
check the end of your STDOUT (not STDERR).
While STDERR has the error message that you reported,
STDOUT should have the name of the file it couldn't open.
Can you send us this file name, or maybe the last
20 lines, or so, of STDOUT.0000?

-Patrick