[MITgcm-support] Restarting the MITgcm

Uli Riemenschneider uriemenschneider at whoi.edu
Tue Aug 10 13:06:51 EDT 2004

I think I see the problem now. I am only creating one pickup file for
each checkpoint which has no extension for the different tiles. So there
is only one pickup.0000000010.data for example without the .001.001 etc.
at the end. What do I need to set to produce these pickupfiles for the
individual tiles??

Thanks,
Uli

> Hi Uli,
>
> If you're running a multi-tile experiment (which it appears to be), then
> there will be a series of files of the form:
>
>   name.TIMESTEP.TID1.TID2.data
>
> where TIMESTEP is as Martin described and the TID1.TID2 parts are the
> x,y tile number indicies.  Things to check are:
>
>   1) did you make sure to create the pickup files for all the
>      different needed TID1.TID2 values (001,002,...)?
>
>   2) did you look in the end of the output (STDOUT.xxx) to see
>      what was happening within the model when it failed to read
>      the file--this should give a good idea
>
> Ed

Ulrike Riemenschneider,  Postdoctoral Investigator
Physical Oceanography Dept. MS #21
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA

Phone: (+1) 508 289 2916 Fax: (+1) 508 457 2181