[MITgcm-support] Restarting the MITgcm

Uli Riemenschneider uriemenschneider at whoi.edu
Mon Aug 9 10:25:26 EDT 2004

Hello again,

I have started taking the MIT model through some longer runs and have
tried to restart them to safe time, but so far unsuccessfully.

The runs produce two types of pickup files: pickup.ckptA.data and
pickup.chptB.data. I figured out that the 'A' file is a collection of
the data after the final time step and I am assuming the 'B' file is
from some time step before that.

I have tried renaming pickup.ckptA.data to pickup.000004800 and set
nIter0 to 4800 to start the model at this point, but it aborts almost
immediately.

What do I need to do to get it going successfully?!
Thanks,
Uli

Ulrike Riemenschneider,  Postdoctoral Investigator
Physical Oceanography Dept. MS #21
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA

Phone: (+1) 508 289 2916 Fax: (+1) 508 457 2181