[MITgcm-support] "gad_diff_r.F" and mixing

Chris Hill cnh at mit.edu
Sun Aug 8 16:13:22 EDT 2004

Hi matt,

 in the situation you describe gad_diff_r is not used or needed. With gm
active the vertical k can become large because it includes a project of the
along iso surface horizontal diffusivity and bolus transport. Therefore in
the mode where gm is active implicit vertical diffususion should/is always
be used.

 Does that make sense?

chris