FW: [MITgcm-support] obcs for lock-exchange problem (fwd)

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 20 11:15:13 EDT 2004

Hi Michael,

I've only partially followed this discussion,
so not sure what your latest status is.
3 things from my side:

- If you're using Orlanski and have a western OB, there's a bug in the code.
  I hope to check in a fixed version later today.

- If you prescribe and read in OB values, there's a bug in the
  mdsio_slice*.F routines, for multi-processor usage
  (works fine on 1 proc.)
  I've checked in fixed code 11 days ago.
  You may want to
  cvs update mdsio_slice*

- A variant of the obcs package is not currently part of the MAIN
  MITgcm distribution. It handles 'real time' OB I/O and sponge layers,
  but some issues re. balancing the flow may need attention.
  We can provide this code, but it may need careful testing at your end.

Cheers
-Patrick