[MITgcm-support] shortwave, water type and calendar package

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Sun Apr 18 14:14:44 EDT 2004

Hi,
it's me again. As usual I sent my email before I figured the problem
out myself:
myIter is not passed to swfrac but it is set to 0.  If all dates are
set correctly in the calendar package
(theCalendar='model',startDate_1=00000101, in my case), this value of
myIter makes cal_getMonthsRec return count0=12 and count1=1, so that
jwtype(jerl(count0))=2, and everything is fine. But my question
remains: It's not very transparent that the date is computed to be the
same at all times, but at the same time the cal-package is tricked into
always return the same values. I would suggest to set jwtype=2
explicitly, comment out the call to cal_getMonthsRec and write a proper
annotation. I can volunteer to do that, but I cannot promise that my
comments won't be sarcastic (o:

Martin