[MITgcm-support] geostrophic velocity in the model

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Thu Apr 15 18:59:30 EDT 2004

Dimitris,

I have once written a matlab function that computes geostrophic thermal
wind starting form the surface elevatation. But I implicitly assume
that the surface elevation is all geostrophic, regardless of scales or
anything else. I can provide you with this function, you'll have to
adjust a little bit though.

Martin