[MITgcm-support] MITgcm on Cygwin and MacOS X

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Apr 9 18:17:37 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 16:26, Michael Schaferkotter wrote:
> ed:
>
> to build on OSX what files have to be changed? do you have a patch?
> should we do a CVS update?

Hi Michael,

The confirmed (known-good) way to build MITgcm on MacOS X is described
at:

http://dev.mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2003-November/001832.html

Recent changes (as of yesterday) to genmake2 should allow MITgcm to
build on Mac's native (default) HFS+ file system and should therefore
remove the annoying dependence on UFS Volumes or partitions described in
the above notes.  But I want to caution you that I don't have a Mac and
won't have access to one for at least a few days so I have not yet had a
chance to test it.

So if you're willing to spend some time testing, that'd be fine.  Please
send any bugs you encounter to this list and I'll do what I can to fix
them.

Good luck with your Mac!

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com