[MITgcm-support] problems with ptracer package

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Fri Sep 26 11:28:53 EDT 2003

Dimitris,

I updated my directory tree today, after you had checked in all of the
bug-fixes that concerned the ptracers-package, etc. Now I observe a
peculiar new behavior: In my setup, salinity is passive (sBeta=0), but
the value of diffK4S (biharmonic friction coefficient) affects the
solution of the passive tracers (all of them!), GM and KPP turned off.
I cannot find the reason (I have searced all day). Maybe you have an
idea of what might have happened, as you have a better overview over
the changes you made than I do?

Martin

P.S. Apparently, kappaRS is also the kappaRTr for all passive tracers,
but PTRACERS_diffK4 should not be affected anywhere, right?

Martin Losch // mailto:mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Alfred-Wegener-Institut für Polar- und Meeresforschung
Postfach 120161, 27515 Bremerhaven, Germany
Tel./Fax: ++49(471)4831-1872