[MITgcm-support] question about testscript

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Thu Oct 30 07:59:32 EST 2003

Ed,

it's probably not worth trying to sort out the mpack problem on my Mac
via this long distance relationship. I'll wait until someone at EAPS
has done that, if that's okay with you. I can also wait for the other
stuff but in case you can't (o: here is what I can offer about the
build_options file:

without setting MITGCM_OP I get this:
csysm3::verification> ./testreport -ieee
parsing options...  OK
creating the comparison code...  OK
building the mpack utility...  OK

-------

Experiment:  adjust_nlfs.cs-32x32x1

Warning: can't read file
adjust_nlfs.cs-32x32x1/code/CPP_EEOPTIONS.h_nompi
Warning: can't read file adjust_nlfs.cs-32x32x1/code/SIZE.h_nompi
genmake ...
Error: No options file was found in:  ../../../tools/build_options/
   that matches this platform ("darwin_power macintosh") and the
compilers found in
   your path.  Please specify an "optfile" using:

     1) the command line (eg. "-optfile=path/to/OPTFILE"), or
     2) the MITGCM_OF environment variable.

   If you need help, please contact the developers at
<MITgcm-support at mitgcm.org>.

genmakemodel: genmake failed

N N N N -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- N/O
adjust_nlfs.cs-32x32x1

No mail sent
-------

with setting MITGCM_OF variable, everything seems to work. The
build_options files that I gave you for Apple are now called in the
repository darwin_g77 and darwin_absoft_f77, but uname -m returns Power
Macintosh so that the $PLATFORM variable in genmake2 becomes
"darwin_power macintosh". Computer sind doof ("computers are dumb", big
hit by Spliff in Germany in the early eighties!)

Martin