[MITgcm-support] convection problem

Chris Hill cnh at mit.edu
Mon Oct 20 11:11:31 EDT 2003

Mike,

 I tried things out at the weekend as did Martin Losch - see

http://dev.mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2003-October/001775.html

 As far as we can tell everything works fine. Note - as Martin points
out the convection "counter" diagnostic is at cell interfaces in the
vertical so that it isn't incremented for the very top layer, but that
is just a diagnostic.

 So I think the model loop is OK but maybe there is something else going
on in your setup. Maybe you can bug Alistair about this tomorrow or if
you have a tar file of the code customizations we can take a look and
see if we can find what is going on in your configuration.

Chris