[MITgcm-support] RE: MIT visit

Alistair Adcroft adcroft at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 18 13:54:25 EST 2003

James,

There's a Richardson number based scheme in KPP but not one separated out.
We'll all be around though I have to arrive late and leave early.

A.
--
Dr Alistair Adcroft            http://www.mit.edu/~adcroft
MIT Climate Modeling Initiative        tel: (617) 253-5938
EAPS 54-1523,  77 Massachusetts Ave,  Cambridge,  MA,  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: James B. Girton [mailto:girton at whoi.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 11:15 AM
To: adcroft at mit.edu; jmc at ocean.mit.edu; cnh at ocean.mit.edu
Subject: MIT visit

Hello Alistair, Jean-Michel and Chris,

I'm going to be up at MIT tomorrow (Wed, 11/19) in connection with a
Joint Program class that I'm TAing, and thought that this might be a
good time to try to catch a few of you MITgcm folks.

Do any of you know whether someone has written a Richardson number
mixing scheme for the MITgcm?
I've been thinking that such a scheme might be useful to have in the
modeling of gravity currents on a slope that I've been doing, so maybe I
can get some tips on how to get started putting something like that
together...

When is the best time to drop by? Any one else I should talk to?

Thanks,
James

James B. Girton, NOAA/UCAR C&GC Postdoctoral Scholar
Department of Physical Oceanography, MS 29
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA 02543 Clark 214B,
Phone: 508-289-2632, FAX: 508-457-2163 girton at whoi.edu,
http://ohm.apl.washington.edu/~girton