[MITgcm-support] RE: Intel compiler

Chris Hill cnh at mit.edu
Wed Jul 23 14:46:34 EDT 2003

Mike,

 With the right compiler flags I think all the warnings and the error
will go away.

 Attached is the make file I just used. The compiler flags seem to be
  FFLAGS=-132 -r8 -i4 -w95 -W0 -WB
  FOPTIM=-O3 -align
 these came straight from genmake (although they may not be in the
checkpoint38 genmake)

 I think we have the 6.0 Intel compiler, but I'm fairly certain 7.0 is
the same.
 How come you are using such an old version! We are now at checkpoint51
if you're in the mood to
 upgrade.

Chris