[Mitgcm-support] RE: Release1 branch

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:50:56 EDT 2003

I don't think we want tutorial_examples to be part of "checkpoint"
downloads - do we?
We want to have a separate set of experiment configurations that are tied
to the Release and the documentation. For Release2 the set of tutorial
examples may be quite different. If people want supported and documented
software they need to work from Releases - checkpoints are geared only
toward experienced, sophisticated users, hence no tutorial examples!
Isn't that what we wanted?

Also isn't it slightly odd to have a branch called "release1". That means if
I type "cvs co -r release1" I get the HEAD of the branch. Is that what
we want? The original plan was  to create tags on release1-branch called
release1-betaXX and release1-finalXX whenever we needed it, with the
possibility
to create a moving tag called "release1" if we could figure out how that
could
be done in a non-ambiguous way.

Anyhow - nice diagram, but why didn't you just create a tag
called relese1-beta2 on release1-branch!

Chris