[Mitgcm-support] Re: SunOS5.7

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:48:49 EDT 2003

Mark,

I haven't seen that before, looks like something inside the wrapper,
that is, Chris should know where this problem might stem from:
the S/R memsync is found in eesupp/src/memsync.F and this message can
only mean that this routine is not linked into your compile directory
and was subsequently not compiled. I don't know why. Do you use CVS now?
If not I would strongly recommend doing so. It sounds like you have
confused the genmake/Makefile-process somehow (maybe the cpp warnings
point to the problem?) Remove everything (including the Makefile etc.)
from your build/compile directory and start again and the problem should
go away.

Good luck and let me know if it works,

Martin

PS: I use either g77 or ifc (intel fortran compiler), both work fine on
both redhat and suse linux. I don't know enough about linux to give you
advice on what distribution to use. At MIT virtually everybody uses
redhat, here in Germany Suse is much more popular (Suse is German
company). Your friends should feel honored to run the MITgcm on their
machines, so you'll have some convincing to do (o:

--
Martin Losch
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research