[Mitgcm-support] FW: OBCS question

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:46:09 EDT 2003

>From Chris Edwards

-----Original Message-----
From: cae at abyss.dms.uconn.edu [mailto:cae at abyss.dms.uconn.edu]On Behalf
Of cae at socrates.Berkeley.EDU
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 10:15 AM
To: cnh at plume.mit.edu
Subject: FW: OBCS question

Here's the other question.  Thanks again. Talk to you soon.

                                                        -Chris

-----FW: <XFMail.20020102175003.cae at socrates.berkeley.edu>-----

Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 17:50:03 -0500 (EST)
Sender: cae at abyss.dms.uconn.edu
From: cae at socrates.Berkeley.EDU
To: support at mitgcm.org
Subject: OBCS question

Hi.

  Here's a small question.  I'm using sealion, release 1, beta 1.  I seem to
have trouble using OBCS and the restart capability.  It appears to me that
only the pickup data files are written (e.g., pickup_OBEW.0000...data) with
no
corresponding meta-file.  Restarting results in a crash when trying to load
the
pickup files.  Am I mistaken?  or should the meta files also be written?

  Many thanks.

                                                            -Chris

Christopher Edwards                     christopher.edwards at uconn.edu
Department of Marine Sciences           phone: (860) 405-9157
University of Connecticut               fax: (860) 405-9153
1080 Shennecossett Road
Groton, CT  06340-6048

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------