[Mitgcm-support] Re: Memo: Jerlov Water Type

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:39:45 EDT 2003

Alistair, I am looking at your modifications and have following questions:

1) The only reason you do not want to "#ifdef ALLOW_KPP" the whole darn file
   is so that "make depend" can do its job at resolving dependencies.  Is that
   correct?

2) Can we agree to define Jerlov water type (jwtype) somewhere else.
   FFIELDS.h is where I have it right now since Jerlov water type should be
   part of external forcing package, but I am open to other suggestions.  In
   any event it should be defined only once.

3) can you please move your f...ing

#include "KPP_DIAGS.h"
C     Initialize record numbers in KPP_DIAGS
      kpp_drctrec=1
#ifdef INCLUDE_DIAGNOSTICS_INTERFACE_CODE
      kpp_drctrecTave=1
#endif

out of kpp_init.F.  I went through the trouble of isolating diagnostics and
computations, so that we can carry identical version of all kpp routines,
except for the diagnostic ones, until us imbeciles at JPL decide to adopt your
superior I/O package.   I suggest you put that stuff in KPP_OPEN_DIAGS and
then replace your call to KPP_INIT by

#ifdef ALLOW_KPP
      CALL KPP_INIT( myThid )
      CALL KPP_OPEN_DIAGS( myThid )
#endif

but I don't really care as long as it's out of there.

Cheers, Dimitris