[Mitgcm-support] Re: CAUTION !!!

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:30:18 EDT 2003

Alistair, are you implying we are not done yet?

>  For checking package dependencies there are
> two options
>  1. have kpp_init check that useXXXX is set
>     for everyone it needs. That implies the
>     useXXXX are publically exported from each
>     package.
>  2. have packages_init hold the rules.

Right now part of the package dependency check is done by
CPP in file "KPP_OPTIONS.h".

>   Here's what I would do. use_KPPPmixing is to
> be owned by the package - but in a public
> exported header file.

Just for Chris' reference, this is exactly where we started
from a couple of weeks ago.  I don't mind going around full
circle once, but no more than that.  So I think I am going
to let you and Chris figure out exactly what you want before
touching another line of code ... not to mention that Moto
is ready to shoot me because he is about to miss a steelhead
fishing expedition.

Dimitris