[Mitgcm-support] Re: MITgcm upgrades

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:41:19 EDT 2003

Ichiro,

Martin Losch has been using the model in non_Boussinesq mode and also
with pressure loading but not together. There's a technical issue with
specifying the atmospheric pressure at the top and using pressure as
the vertical coordinate in the ocean; the technical problem being that
after thinking about it for two minutes we decided not to try it (yet).
The non-Boussinesq testing is close to finished; Martin has checked most
of the necessary modifications in our repository though it has yet to
get past Patrick into the supported release code (I think).

Since Martin is leaving in early January, I would consult with him now
as to the details of setting up the model in non-Boussinesq mode.

A.
cc Martin (mlosch at mit.edu)