[Mitgcm-support] Re: internal_wave

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:55:13 EDT 2003

Hi Theo,

 I think the README is out of date. The steps you should follow are
outlined
here

http://mitgcm.org/sealion/online_documents/node90.html (reproduced
below)

 For this procedure to work on a NEC platform, the genmake script needs
an entry
for that platform (if you're happy to send it to us we will add it to
the
list already in there). The manual section

http://mitgcm.org/sealion/online_documents/node92.html

describes how to add a new platform setting to genmake. The example
in the genmake file for case SP3: shows many of the different options.
These are normally enough.

 I did a quick check of the relase1_p9/verification/internal_wave
compile and run on a local Linux machine. It came out with the
expected KE values etc... so I think its just the README
problem.

Chris