[Mitgcm-support] RE: first results glo6

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:38:34 EDT 2003

John;

our priority is NA; this is more or less a favor for SDSC who badly needed those
figures for there terra-scale proposal. We are trying to make the most of it
scientifically by putting out as much as we can for later applications in for
all sorts of problems including physical, biology, chemistry what ever we and
you need. We are doing one year of spin-up over 1992 and then go back to the
beginning of 1992 and run for some time. The model is forced with the surface
fluxes from the global optimization.

We intend to run this only for a few years and then focus into the Atlantic.
That is our priority. But I think that the output will be very useful
scientifically and for PR purposes.

Arne needs to comment on the details. But in summary we spend many month to get
the code running at all. Lopped cells are still NOT WORKING!!!!! The time step
is now 300 sec. and it did not matter if CD was on or not we just could not get
it stable until the viscosity parameterization was changed.

Detlef.
--
Detlef Stammer

Physical Oceanography Research Division