[Mitgcm-support] Re: Cannot run the executable file

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:36:49 EDT 2003

The big/little-endian issue isn't causing your error (you'll get nonsense
numbers rather than an error message). It's probably because the
record length is wrong in the read statements. In the Makefile,
try changing

   -DWORDLENGTH=4

   -DWORDLENGTH=1

make clean; make

If it works, then you'll need to make the same change in tools/genmake.

We've haven't configured "genmake" to work with the Compaq compiler
because we don't have it. If it works, let us know and we'll incorporate
the changes.

A.