[Mitgcm-support] RE: horizontal viscosity

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:43:32 EDT 2003

Hi Martin.,

 It is something that other people do. I don't see a problem with
checking it in to the main branch - although Jean-Michel may have an
opinion! The discrete formulation ( div(v(grad)) ) is such that it
should just work. If you do go for checking it in on the main branch
including code that plots the values at start, does initialisation
neatly so that someone can subsequently customize the function etc...,
would be nice. If that's more than you have time to do then an alternate
is to have a custom experiment that shows the bits of code you did hack
to make the changes you needed - of course then it is hard to keep the
custom hack code up to date.

Chris