[Mitgcm-support] Re: testscript FAIL

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:43:01 EDT 2003

It's probably optimization that's breaking the results.

It would be helpful to add an IEEE compliant option to genmake
for the SGIs. Don't know what the option is but look under
case Linux*: for lines of the form
   if ($IEEE) set FFLAGS = ($FFLAGS option)
to see how to add it to genmake. The option should limit optimization
where it will change the numerical results. It shouldn't be the
default (i.e. with $IEEE unset) since it normally slows the code
down a lot.

A.