[Mitgcm-support] Re: ISOTROPIC_COS_SCALING

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:31:53 EDT 2003

Armin, thank for pointer.  We'll give "#undef INCLUDE_CD_CODE" a try.  I will
be surprised (but pleased) if this fixes the problem since the CD scheme was
turned on in the 1/4-deg, non-isotropic case without causing trouble.

What is the domain for your 1/10-deg integration?  Meaning does it go up to
80-deg N?  Are you using Laplacian or biharmonic friction.  Is KPP turned on?
With Laplacian friction and KPP tunrned off, we can integrate the 1/4-deg
configuration with 600-s time steps, kind of in the same ballpark as your
300-s, 1/10-deg integration.

Can you please send us your data, data.pkg, and CPP_OPTIONS.h files from your
300-s, 1/10-deg configuration, so that we can make sure there isn't something
else that we are missing.

Cheers, D.

Dimitris Menemenlis                      menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Jet Propulsion Lab, MS 300-323           tel: 818-354-1656
4800 Oak Grove Dr, Pasadena CA 91109     fax: 818-393-6720