[Mitgcm-support] not clear for me

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:31:52 EDT 2003

Hi,

Since we have a clean initialization of kappaRV & kappaRU
in dynamics.F, at the beginning of the bi,bj loop from which
mom_fluxform or mom_vecinv & mom_u,v_bottomdrag.F are called,
I don't understand exactly thoses comments, at the
beginning of pkg/mom_fluxform/mom_v_bottomdrag.F :

> C $Header: /u/gcmpack/MITgcm/pkg/mom_fluxform/mom_v_bottomdrag.F,v 1.7 2003/03/07 04:40:44 heimbach Exp $
> C $Name:  $
>
> #include "CPP_OPTIONS.h"
>
> crg butterflies
> crg using undefined values of kapparv in mom_v_bottomdrag
> crg mom_v_bottomdrag must have iMin,iMax,jMin,jMax as arguments
> crg and only use values being calculated in calc_viscosity
> crg There are probably many more routines in mom_fluxform and mom_vecin
> crg using undefined values.
>
> CBOP
> C !ROUTINE: MOM_V_BOTTOMDRAG

By the way, the 2 versions of the S/R in mom_fluxform and mom_vecinv
are becoming very different, and its sometime tricky to know which
one will be used. And since it seems difficult to really "disable" one
of those 2 packages, why don't we decide to always compile one
(with all the common S/R in it) and make the 2nd one really optional ?

Jean-Michel