[Mitgcm-support] advection code

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:31:05 EDT 2003

Alistair,

I hope you switched back to Boston time and weather without any
problems. Here things are going well, I am in the stage of debugging the
new float code based on your concept.

We were just informed that we might get 80+ processors of the new IBM
upgrade for a week or two. I hope to get the floats ready and we would
like to run the global model.

The problem is that it makes no sense to continue with the old advection
schemes because of the too high values of viscosity. Did you had the
time to work on this? Or will you have the time to provide me some
pieces of code, so that we can continue?

I appreciate any help.

Ciao,
	Arne
--

Dr. Arne Biastoch
Scripps Institution of Oceanography        phone: +1-858-822-3787
MS: 0230                                   email: abiastoch at ucsd.edu
8605 La Jolla Shores Dr.
La Jolla, CA 92093-0230, U.S.A.   http://www.ecco.ucsd.edu/~biastoch