[Mitgcm-support] Re: pkg/seaice and pkg/exf

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:29:47 EDT 2003

Tom, I have updated pkg/exf and pkg/seaice following your suggestions.
Could you have another look.  I would very much welcome your comments.
You can get the updated code from the MIT CVS server using "-r release1".
(I have not yet tagged these modifications.)

It turns out that both the units and the sign of the pkg/exf evap
computation were inconsistent with those of precipitation, runoff,
and freshwater fluxes.  Thanks for pointing out the problem.

Please look at exf_fields.h and EXF_CPPOPTIONS.h for an what I hope is
an improved description of units, signs, and of the various forcing
configurations that are supported by pkg/exf.

Cheers, Dimitris

Dimitris Menemenlis                      menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Jet Propulsion Lab, MS 300-323           tel: 818-354-1656
4800 Oak Grove Dr, Pasadena CA 91109     fax: 818-393-6720