[Mitgcm-support] downloading and installing

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:22:39 EDT 2003

Hi, I'm in the process of downloading the MIT GCM for some work at WHOI
(I'm a postdoc with Sonya Legg and Jim Price) and thought I'd: a) let
you know that there's a new person out there using your code and b) give
you feedback on my successes/failures.

So far, there's not too much to report. I downloaded the CVS binary for
my HP workstation and that seems to work fine. One thing your
instructions don't mention is that the file ".cvspass" needs to exist in
order for the login process to work. (Doesn't seem to matter what's in
the file, it just needs to be there).

Apart from that, the download seems to have gone well. I'll let you know
if I run into problems later...

cheers,
James Girton