[Mitgcm-support] Re: Forgot something...

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:28:53 EDT 2003

I'm alive and kicking.
Everything sounds fine to me. Haven't seen
anything I would veto yet.

I'm a little unclear on how one will run
experiments with a reduced gravity wave speed
without gBaro. But I only do that very
rarely. Is that feature being retired.
Also a lot of people have input parameter
files featuring gBaro. These will all fail
if you remove it from ini_parms. Might be
worth still reading it and then putting
out an error message explaining its history
and stopping when you find it. You can also easily rewrite the
daya file without gBaro as data.nogbaro and
say thats what you've done in the error message.
That way maybe we can avoid twenty-five reports
that c37 doesn't work. It would also be good
for experimenting with how we "retire" parameters
gracefully -

something we haven't done in the past.

I think the CPP_OPTIONS, CPP_EEOPTIONS thing
is fine. It may lead to some short term trouble
but its true that there is no "standard"
setting for these files.

Including the test script is good too.